(Rifqa frenzy clip)

By Amy L. Edwards, for the Orlando Sentinel:

The Department of Children and Families is trying to figure out who arranged for Fathima Rifqa Bary to join-in on a conference call with “thousands” of people and on which the 17-year-old delivered her testimony and a frenzied prayer.

Rifqa — the center of national political and religious debate — has been living at an undisclosed location in state foster care, where she was placed in August.

Rifqa, 17, said she ran away from her Ohio home in July out of fear that her Muslim family would harm or kill her because she converted to Christianity. She sought shelter from Orlando pastors whom she met through a Facebook prayer group.

A nine-minute audio file recently surfaced on YouTube, and it appears to be a conference call among Rifqa and “thousands” of other people who joined in to pray for her.

In the clip, a man told fellow callers that Rifqa fled her home out of fear of death. Rifqa shared her testimony.

“I ran for my life,” Rifqa said.

The teen, who was just 16 when she ran away, told callers her dad and the Islamic community wants her back at their Columbus-area home.

She thanked the callers for their prayers.

“I’m not even supposed to be here,” she said.

The unidentified man told Rifqa: “I believe that you’re an Esther for such a time is this.”

He asked the teen to lead them in prayer.

And with that, Rifqa delivered about a one-minute prayer where she grew increasingly frenzied and difficult to understand.

She talked about Jesus, and asked that He break people’s “hardened hearts.” Rifqa prayed for just over a minute until she abruptly stopped.

Then, others started praying aloud.

On Monday, DCF spokeswoman Carrie Hoeppner said the state agency “had no knowledge of this until it surfaced. Although she is 17, she remains in protective custody. Neither the Department nor do we believe her parents, gave permission for her participation in this call with strangers, which is of concern to us.”

“Right now, we are working to get more background on the video such as when it posted and who arranged it.”

Rifqa’s lawyer, John Stemberger, has not returned a call seeking comment.